age, ‘Rubber Brake Hoses’ will crack, fracture,
swell, blister and perish. The average estimated life of a
brake hose is 6 years. This is caused by many reasons including
- Rubber Brake Hoses deteriorate from the inside wall as well
as the outside.
- Moisture is absorbed into brake fluid systems through Rubber
- Contaminants in brake fluid act abrasively on the inner
wall of Rubber Brake Hoses.
- The Rubber Brake Hose reinforcing fabric deteriorates
through expansion and moisture.
- High operating temperatures in brake systems contribute
to the deterioration of Rubber Brake Hoses.
- Rubber Brake Hoses swell with age and restrict flow.
It therefore stands to reason that ALL Rubber Brake Hoses on a
vehicle will deteriorate at a similar rate.